I am very thankful and honored to announce that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by an amazing blogger, Rise Of The Phoenix. Please check out this blog as the Phoenix has been such an inspiration to me!
I started my blog in June 2015 in an effort to work though the traumas in my life. I had so much going on in my head and writing seemed like a good way to work through it all. In the process, I discovered that my words were helping others and the thought of that touched my heart more than I can say. In the same way, those people and their stories have helped me as well. It has been such a wonderful thing in my life.
When I started my blog, I thought it would be amazing if I found even just 20 followers – that would have been a miracle to me. Today I am proud and amazed to say that I have 388 followers! I am humbled and I am truly blessed.
Per my nominating blogger’s request, here are the answers to her questions.
- Why did you start your blog? I started blogging because I needed an outlet for everything I was going through and feeling. I also wanted to share my life story in hopes that it could help others going through the same things as me.
- What is your most prized possession and why? A hat box of my son’s baby clothes. We are currently estranged; I don’t even recognize who he is right now. It make me value who he was when he was small, still innocent and still with a deep love for his mom. We moved 2 years ago and I couldn’t find the box. I thought it had been accidentally thrown out and I was devastated. It was the memory of the good relationship that I once had with my son. It was physical truth in all the lies that my son currently believes. That box and the tiny little clothes and shoes in it have suddenly come to mean so much to me and I had never realized till then. I finally found the box and cried from relief.
- What is your favorite quote? “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” Mahatma Ghandi
- What is your favorite post you’ve written? A Letter To Myself I think it is the most profound and powerful post I have made. It is difficult to be totally honest with ourselves and see so much of my own honesty in this post. I reread it and it’s almost as if someone else had written it and not me – I can’t believe that it came from me. I wrote it when I had finally realized my own strength and courage. It’s good for me to go back and read that one from time to time, as a reminder of where I once was and how far I have come.
- What is your favorite post written by someone else? There are too many to choose from! How about this: I like the posts where people are raw and honest, the ones where they find realization and then finally see a path towards towards healing. When others completely open up, it is an amazing thing to witness and I find that I learn from everyone’s story and wisdom.
I would like to nominate these wonderful bloggers for the Liebster Award:
Complistru Blog – “Searching and living life within life”
My Ambivalent Existence – An amazing blog about getting through and dealing with life.
Ancient Skies – “Poetry, fiction, nature, culture, compassion, love.”
The Poet With No Wit – A man and blog with a wonderful outlook on life.
La Quemada – “Believe The Girl”
Each of you have touched my life in such a valuable way! ❤
If you accept, please re-post your award, answer the questions below, and nominate your own bloggers.
- Why did you start your blog?
- What type of writing/books do you like to read and why?
- What is your favorite quote?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be ?
- What is something you would change about yourself if you could?
Thank you so very much for the nomination and for all of your kind words and support. I humbled by how far my words have reached!